Posted recently ”To YI (Steven) Yeung, a very irresponsible landlord”
My husband and I have rented a house from To Yi (Steven) Yeung back in Jan. 2011 when we just moved in California at 245 hazen St., Milpitas, CA. The 3-Bd-and-1Ba house looked nice with hardwood floor. Soon we found out that the house has no heating system, and my lovely landlord, Steven, was “nice” enough to “lend” us one of his heaters for a couple of days so that we could have enough time to buy one on our own. At the same time, the landlord has planted edible plants all over the front yard and back yard. During the first couple of winter months, the breakers in the house popped a lot due to the excess cords that they have run for his parents who were living in the garage and another girl who lived in a shed that the landlord built detached from the house. While helping a friend going through her dispute with her landlord, we surprisingly found out that IT IS ILLEGAL TO RENT YOUR PROPERTY WHEN THE PROPERTY DIDN’T HAVE PROPER HEATING SYSTEM. When one night the kitchen was filled with smoke and the smoke detectors did NOT go off, we decided it was time to call a county housing inspector to find out exactly how much violations were there. During the inspection, we were advised that the smoke detectors were not working properly; there were no carbon monoxide detectors in the property; the garage residing by the landlord’s parents was illegally converted with NO PERMIT; and the edible plants were not supposed to be planted. The inspector has written a report regarding this visit. When we moved out, the landlord refused to return my deposit, and he came up a ridiculous list of repairing items, i.e. repairing the sink disposable which didn’t exist in the first place. They also dragged us to court suing us for some owned rent which eventually they lost, thanks to the honorable judge who ruled us win.
To Yi (Steve) Young, owner of 245 Hazen St in Milpitas, is a greedy, unethical, and lying human being. He let his own parents live in a garage that was not properly converted because the electric cord was so poorly wired that popped the breaker many time during my residence. He has created potential life-threatening hazards to others and his own families. Now he is living with his wife and daughter somewhere else, and you can figure out how comfortable he feels about his own property! DO NOT RENT from this landlord, and you are taking the risks of living in a not-so-livalbe place and not getting your deposit back.